Geo-Fences are virtual parameters set up on our maps for individual vehicles or groups of vehicles. When a vehicle enters or exits these zones, alerts can be sent out and reports can be generated. You can also create a timed Geo-Fence around the address where a vehicle is stored. This means that the Geo-Fence will only be active between certain hours of the day so that, at other times; the vehicle can come and go without triggering an alert.
Geo-Fences have many uses. Examples of some of the uses of Geo-Fences include:
- an overnight freight company knowing exactly when its trucks take an interisland ferry;
- a council mowing service tracking which gardens and parks have been mown and when;
- office staff receiving notification by email when the ground staff leave a park or garden, so they can create a report to see how long the job took and create an invoice from the report;
- customers loading key locations, such as petrol stations, employees’ houses, job locations, etc.
As a customer, you can generate a report for each individual Geo-Fence, or each vehicle or group of vehicles. From these reports, you can see which vehicles have entered a particular zone (ringed by a Geo-Fence) and for how long. This information can assist you in creating accurate invoices, as well as serving to substantiate those invoices if your billing is questioned.
Geo-Fences can also help you monitor vehicles within certain zones. This is useful for ensuring company representatives remain within their assigned areas and minimise their personal use of vehicles.
- Quickly & easily create geofences - simply search an address then draw any shape or circle on a map.
- Create round or multiple pointed polygon geofences.
- Easy to update & modify your geofences.
- Create geofence groups eg) suppliers, customers.
- Quick CSV uploads of multiple geofences.
- Create geofences in 7 different colours for easy identification or grouping.
- Apply a geofence to a specific asset, all assets or a whole group.
- Make a geofence private for viewing & reporting by administrators only.
- Choose whether a geofence appears on reports or not.
- You can set a speed limit for each geofence for off-road or dangerous area monitoring.
- Easily activate or deactivate your geofences.
- Set geofence active days & hours to suit your needs.
- Set notifications if an asset sits inside a geofence for too long or doesn’t break a geofence as scheduled.
- Super quick and easy to set up & use.
- Add value to your reports – immediately see the geofence name on your reports.
- Health & Safety – Receive notification if a driver has not left a geofence by a specified time. Know if/ when an asset arrives on site, stays too long and when they leave.
- Easily report on time on site, as well as how many times a site has been visited.
- Identify after hours or out of bounds asset use.
- Accurate billing or call cycles - Identify how long is spent within a geofence, & how many times it is visited, or if sites have not been visited.
- Easily see when a vehicle enters and exits a specified area. View how long an employee is on the job for accurate invoicing.
- Security of both people and assets - be notified if a vehicle leaves a designated area (eg a garage)